Mastering Chess Logic
What exactly makes the greatest players of all time, such as Magnus Carlsen, Bobby Fischer, and Garry Kasparov stand out from the rest? The basic aspects of chess (calculation, study of opening theory, and technical endgame ability) are of course of great importance. However, the more mysterious part of chess ability lies within the thought process.
• How does one evaluate certain moves to be better than others?
• How does one improve their feel of the game?
This book will tackle this woefully underexplored aspect of chess: the logic behind the game. It will explain how chess works at a fundamental level.Topics include:
• What to think about when evaluating a position.
• How to formulate and execute plans.
• How to generate and make use of the initiative.
The reader also has plenty of opportunities to test their decision-making by attempting 270 practical exercises. These are mostly designed to develop understanding, as the justification of the moves is more important than the actual correct answer.
|Author/s||Guannan Song, Joshua Sheng|
|Publication Date||October 26, 2021|
|Notation Type||FAN - Figurine|
|Book Binding Type||Paperback|